Saturday, March 2, 2013

Ice Dyeing Revisited

I'm sure loving the results I'm getting from doing ice dyeing, both parfait style and elevated on racks.  This time I tried to document the colors and techniques I was using as I was working, but it's pretty hard to do because of wearing rubber gloves, a mask, dripping water, etc.  I find it also interrupts the flow of the creative process, or at least mine.  Documenting is definitely a right brain activity, whereas intuitive creating is left brain.  Even after documenting, by the time they are rinsed, washed twice and dried, where you can really see the colors and designs, there's no way I can remember what position each fabric was in the parfait container. Next time, I may try writing a little number in the corner of each fabric prior to soaking in the soda ash and see if I can better figure out what colors were used in each.  And then again, I might just say the heck with it and enjoy the total serendipity of the moment because chances are, I wouldn't be able to create the same exact fabric again anyways.   So here there are.

And...these will all be for sale at Monday night's Almond Country Quilt Guild meeting http://www.almondcountryquilters.org/ , if you are interested in buying.








All of the above fabrics are fat quarters.  The fabric below is a 1/2 length.
Above is a closeup of the fabric.  The entire piece is below. 
I did some tying and clamping on this one.

Here are a couple Large size T-Shirts



No comments:

Post a Comment