Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Turning 60

I didn't get a chance to post last weekend due to  too much celebration of my big 60th birthday. Both of my sons were here to help me celebrate as well as my husband and dog. I'm feeling pretty good about turning 60 and where I'm at.  It would be nice to have more time and money to do the many things I want to do, but oh well.

Staying home today with a bit of stomach flu. Walked outside to get some sun and was cheered by many irises in bloom in my weedy garden. Here's a photo of one of them in full bloom.  Nature's colors are always so inspirational to me.  Love how the green blends into the violet on the iris buds. Both colors share blue in common and contain all three primary colors.  That, plus the tints and shades of both hues make for an exciting palette from which to create.



I want to thank members of the Almond Country quilt guild who supported me by purchasing my fabrics, wearables, books, etc. at the Trash to Treasures night. Looking forward to making more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment