Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hand-dyed T Shirts


I'm getting ready to sell some fabrics, T-shirts, scarves, books, etc. at our next Almond Country Guild Meeting, where for $10, members can rent a table to sell their "Trash to Treasures."  Everything I'm selling are treasures, its' just that I have too many of them.  I have discovered over the last few years that I enjoy dyeing fabrics and wearables probably more than making them into quilts, even though I enjoy that as well.  So I have accumulated a lot of arashi and itajime shibori fabrics, along with some T-shirts and scarves which will be for sale at the March meeting.  I'm also selling some great quilt books that I no longer use but will hopefully be a treasure to someone else.

All the T shirts are 100% cotton, machine washable and can be thrown in the dryer.
 The shorts sleeved ones are $20 each and the one long-sleeved on is $25.
  Not bad for a one-of-a-kind wearable.  This one is an ice-dyed shirt.

This shirt is part arashi (tied resist) and part itajime (clamped shape resist) 


This shirt is also an ice-dyed one.  I think the patterns resemble flowers.
This shirt reminds of patterns found in marble.

No comments:

Post a Comment