Sunday, June 1, 2014

Using the Design Wall to Start a New Art Quilt

Having  delivered one of my quilts that was purchased from the May show at Studios on the Park in Paso Robles, I came home and started to plan a new art quilt.  This doesn't mean I'm done with others that I've started, but I like to have projects in different stages.  Sometimes I feel like cutting, other times I feel like piecing or quilting, so it's nice to have options.

The first stage for me is auditioning fabrics so that's what I started to do this weekend (in between lots of work for school.)  Here are pictures of some fabrics that I'm thinking will play well with each other.


All except two are ones I've dyed.  From left to right are:  Ice-dyed, Arahsi Shibori, Itajime, three low-immersion dyed pieces (two of them more than once) with more shibori pieces above and below them.  The two commercial fabrics are the one highest up in the center and the one furthest to the right, going off the edge of the photo.







No comments:

Post a Comment