Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunflower Quilt

School's all done for the students and just two staff development days left for teachers.  Today I'm working on finishing my  Sunflower quilt, so I can photograph it and get it entered into the San Luis Obispo Museum's Dimensions Show.  Been working on the hand quilting and am almost done.


Here's a closeup of the block, which is the focal point. I've actually done a little more hand stitching than what this picture shows.  I really enjoy that mix of handwork with the machine quilting.  The green line you see on the outside edges of the petals is the water soluble marking pen.  I am stitching in a yellow orange and a deeper orange.

Happy Fathers' Day to all the dads and the lucky women and children who have the good ones.  My husband is a great father.  He had terrible role models but figured out what a good dad does.  My own father was awesome, even before that word became popular. He provided for all of us  in many ways and I miss him a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment