Thursday, March 5, 2020

Arashi Shibori with a Twist

     Gearing up to teach my "Fabulous Fun with Fabric Paints" class 
on March 14th at the Cambria Center for the Arts.
 Getting all my materials and 'stuff' together. Should be a lot of fun. 
I'm hoping for a sunny day so we can put projects out to dry and do some sun printing too.
     Last night I did a fun, quick experiment with the new ProChem fabric paints I bought for the class.   They are just like Jacquard's Dye-na-Flow paint, but more economical. 
It's Arashi Shibori with a twist, literally. I twisted a piece of fabric and secured it to a jar and then painted on fabrics in a diagonal pattern. 
My colors were inspired by the blue violet and greens in the Iris 
getting ready to bloom in my back yard, as you can see in the bottom picture.










No comments:

Post a Comment