Sunday, April 1, 2018

Tie-dyed Easter Eggs and Dick and Jane Quilt

It's been another busy, fun week. I have always enjoyed  dyeing Easter eggs since I was a little girl. I just have to make some every year. This year I made them using paper towels with food coloring and a little bit of water and vinegar in a spray bottle.


I like how you can see the texture left from the paper towels.


My friend, Isolde, is making a quilt for a friend's daughter who just had a baby. Knowing the same family, I offered to quilt it for her.  She did a great job of choosing fabrics and a pattern to really highlight the Dick and Jane blocks.  I decided to free motion quilt around the figures to emphasize them and then did machine quilting in the ditch in all the other seams.








2 comments:

  1. Love the eggs, and the quilt is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy. It is a sweet quilt, quite different than my usual, more abstract work. It will be perfect for this young mother and her baby!

    ReplyDelete