Monday, April 16, 2018

Soy Wax Ice Dyeing Revisited

Had a great time over the weekend creating some soy-waxed, ice-dyed fabric.  It was the first time in ten months, I felt well enough physically to do it, since my back problems and back surgery. Believe it or not, there is a lot of bending, lifting, carrying, etc. involved in the process. Anyway, I had a ball!



This was a piece I over-dyed. Here it is after applying the soy wax.


Here's my table all set up, ready for Ice and Dyes, 
after doing some dye planning.



Here is the over-dyed piece, shown in the top photo. I used grape and black on it.


After soy waxing, I used Bronze, Lemon yellow and Powerberry dyes.


This was also an over-dyed piece. It was light pink in places and mostly white. 
 I batiked it and used Chartreuse, Turquoise, Palomino Gold and Powerberry.


This was another over-dyed piece. It was originally dull green with some rust. I batiked it and used Cobalt and Pro-chem Rust Brown.



I used a wooden, carved block made for batiking on this but the design did not come out at all. I think too much wax got into the recessed areas when I dipped it. I used Cayman Isle, Turquoise, Rust Brown and Grape dyes.  


After batiking this piece, I used Pomegranate, Turquoise, Grape and a little Emerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment