Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Working 3D

I am so enjoying spring break!  Yesterday I stayed home all day except for a trip down the long driveway to the mailbox.  I'm doing a new clay project with my 7th graders this quarter and needed to put together a sample. Before you teach something, it is best to do one yourself.  I started a pot on  Monday,  but was far from thrilled with what I was making.  Yesterday,  I had a clearer vision of what I wanted to make. I like working in a variety of  media, paper, ceramics, metal, beads,even though cloth is clearly my favorite. Ideas and techniques used in one media transfer very well into others and allow you to view materials in a new way. Here's some pictures of my slab pots made yesterday.  They need to dry thoroughly, then get fired, glazed and re-fired.




I used branches to texture this rough looking vase.  I might cut off the bottom and make openings in the cylinder so it can be used as a lantern for a candle.  Still not decided on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment