Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sun Printing and Stenciling a T-Shirt

This past week I did some sun printing on a T-Shirt using my new Pro-Chem Transparent paints to test them out.  They have a very creamy consistency. They remind me of the old Versatex paints, which I really liked.  I diluted them two parts water to 1 part paint and using a large brush started painting away.



Above are pictures of the T-shirt laying in the sun.  I placed some dried leaves on the wet painted shirt. In the middle of the shirt back, I scrunched up the fabric.



Here is the finished shirt, top picture is the front.  Parts of it are very nice, but I wasn't totally pleased with it, so I decided to add stenciling to it.


Here is the front now. I like it a whole lot better. It needed something more
 and the stencil layer pulls the  colors together.





No comments:

Post a Comment