Monday, January 13, 2014

Sunflower Quilt with Photo and Organza Overlay

During my foot surgery recovery, I've been looking a lot at two quilts on my design board that I knew needed something different.  Last week I talked about rearranging one of them and am really excited about the direction  that one is now going.

Yesterday, I played around with making changes to the other one.  I covered up the previous focal  point, which was a screen print of flowers, on which I did a lot of machine quilting (oh well) and replaced it with a photo of one of my  gigantic sunflowers that I grew this summer.  On top of that I placed an organza version of the same photo.  So if it looks a little distorted, it's due to the organza being slightly shifted on top of the opaque photo and seeing the other photo below.  I think it  just makes it a little more interesting.  I had read about this technique a long time ago in a Quilting Arts magazine.  For more information on this technique check out Wen Redmond http://wenredmond.weebly.com/holographic-images.html.




Here's a closeup of the two photos overlapped.



1 comment:

  1. I love this Jeanne! The colors are outstanding, I love the different techniques scattered around the quilt, the digital images are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete