Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Quilt from Old Quilt

I was so excited last week about getting my stitches out of my foot and thinking I'd be wearing regular shoes and driving by now.  Well, it didn't turn out that way.  I had not healed as much as the doctor had hoped.  So I'm still in the boot, but did get permission to return to work, so will be back teaching Monday.  My sweet hubby is still "driving Miss Jeannie" so we will see how it goes.  Next doc visit is Tuesday.  Hopefully that visit will have a better outcome.

Meanwhile, I've been struggling with what direction to take this quilt on my design wall.


I really like the drama of this whole-cloth dyed piece, made last March, but just couldn't figure out how to quilt it, and move it towards its journey to completion.  As many artists expres, it wasn't speaking to me. So after looking at it on my design wall during my recovery the last few weeks, I decided to cut it and rearrange it.  So, here is my new version of it.  To me it resembles a Martian landscape with an aurora- filled sky. 


Using yarns and water soluble stabilizer, I made the swirling oval shape shown below. I think I have a better idea of  where I want to go with it now.  Let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment