Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Too Hot to Do Much of Anything

It's been about 111 in the shade where I live for the last four days or so.  It's just been too hot to do much of anything.  We used to have an above ground pool that we took down last November.  I'm trying to  get grass growing in part of the area and then the plan is to have a couple raised garden beds with hardware cloth under, so those pesky gophers can't gobble up all the plants. So, I've been making  the first raised garden box, working on it in the early morning and after 6 in the evening, when it's a little cooler.  I built it using cedar fencing.  It has a few inches of composted leaves and branches with lots of dirt.  I still need to add more dirt and some good, stinky chicken manure and then the fun starts with putting in my plants.  Looking forward to that part.



Here's our cat Pharaoh, otherwise known as Killer for the lovely gopher and bird gifts he gives us almost daily.  He's stalking and trying to stay cool in the heat.

Hoping to get some more marbling done later today, so stay tuned for photos later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment