Monday, July 15, 2013

Itajime over Arashi

This is the story of the evolution of one piece of complex cloth.  Here it is after it's first treatment, which was arashi (wrapped around PVC pipe with string, squished down and dye applied).  I liked it, but wanted it to have more depth.


Stage 2:    Discharged dye using arashi method and bleach/water mix.  I left it in too long and it removed more than I wanted.

Stage 3- Wrapped fabric with string tightly and applied dye, still not what I was looking for.


Final Stage - (I think)



This time I used itajime techniques as you can see in the upper picture.  I accordion folded the fabric, clamping ceramic coasters and wooden sticks on either side and then squirted on the dyes.  What do you think?



1 comment:

  1. Girl after my own heart! If at first you don't succeed, keep trying! I love the final piece, and think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete