Sunday, April 28, 2019

More Shibori Fun

A couple of weeks ago I dyed this Dharma Rayon shirt using the Arashi technique. 
The shirt's a little large on me, but I really like the drape of the rayon and how good it feels.


I had a couple friends from my lap swim program come over to do some T-Shirt Dyeing in my studio-barn. Here's a couple of their shirts. The one below was a very nice linen shirt. Although I had a  good variety of colors available, she apparently liked the same colors I used.


Front


Back


The shirt above was a 100% cotton from Kohls.

Below are a  couple of faux shibori, or fauxbori as Betty Busby called them. We used Dye-na-Flow paint on these. The top piece is silk, which was placed on top of the cotton you see below. 
Good way to get a two for one deal. Not sure what I'll do with them, 
but I like how they relate to each other.

  


Below is another 'faux-bori' silk piece.



4 comments:

  1. Love these, Jeanne! I carry some rayon garments from Dharma... have found that some run very roomy, so it pays to look at the measurements to see what will work best for you. But they do dye up beautifully, don't they! BTW, love your fauxbori scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the dyeing results are great and looks super cool and i also had plans for DIY printing at home buss because of lime limitation i ordered mine custom badger shirts from online store and quality is surprisingly good too.

    ReplyDelete