Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Super Moon

Hope you had a chance to check out the super moon earlier this week. Below are a few pictures of it from our house. It was a beautiful late afternoon with a rosy dusky sky complemented by contrails.

Started a new fun project but it's not quite photo-ready yet. I took out lots of my fabrics from the past decade or so to inspire me to make something new. My studio looks like a giant fan attacked it, stuff is flung everywhere. But I do have a couple ideas of where to creatively journey next. Stay tuned.

Other than that we have been dealing with a broken clothes dryer. My husband and I tried to fix it. The drum belt had broken. I was very proud of us. We got it all apart to discover a broken belt and metal bit on the one end of the motor shaft. We tried to JB Weld that together, put back on the belt, put it all back together and it worked for about 30 seconds before there was a 'ping' and it ground to a screeching stop. Oh well, can't say we didn't try. We've had that dryer for about 12 to 15 years, so not bad. 






1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures! Sorry to hear about the dryer. Our washer went out a few years ago after about 11 years. Wish they could have repaired it, but the guy said it would cost as much as buying a new one.
    BTW, my studio looks a little like a cyclone hit it right now too... been pulling fabrics to make mug rugs, which is a great way to reduce the stash a little! Looking forward to seeing what you are up to next. Hope your back is doing well...

    ReplyDelete