Monday, June 26, 2017

Quilt Show Weekend

I'm enjoying my new retirement status.  I thought I would have accomplished more in this last week, but so it goes. I've been  trying to find a home for all my stuff I brought home from my classroom. Over 30 years it added up.  Deciding what to keep, why I should keep it and then where to keep it is time consuming, but also a nice trip down memory lane. I came across old figure drawings done in college, weaving charts, calligraphy pieces, etc.

This last weekend was our local guild's big quilt show. I worked in admissions on Saturday morning and it seemed to me we had more visitors than ever, which is great. I had three quilts in the show. Below are pictures of two of them.  I wish the lighting in the building were better so the embroidery would show up, but what can you do. Others I spoke with had the same complaint as well.


Above is "A Little Birdie Told Me"



This is a closeup of of "Majestic Magenta Mountains."




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are settling in to your new life! I'm sure you will find the right place for all you brought home... maybe not right away, but at some point it will come to you. Meanwhile, hope you are enjoying a slightly slower pace now! That took me a little time, but I'm still working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is a welcome change of pace. I'm enjoying that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your handwork on that second piece. Enjoy your new status...but now that you are retired, it's okay to not make huge demands on yourself. After 30 years, you need to decompress. Go easy on yourself so you can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete