Sunday, March 20, 2016

Soy Wax Ice Dyed Fabrics

Here are some of the soy wax ice-dyed fabrics I created at last weekend's fabulous workshop given by Nick and Chase of Dragonfly Dyeworks  http://www.dragonflydyeworks.com/ at SLO Creative Studios http://www.slo-creative.com/

This a cotton gauze piece. Love the values and textures I got using the wax with the ice. 

I used a stencil of bamboo trees in the center.  Although you can't really see them clearly, 
it still made a great design I think.

This fabric is an overdyed one.  Below is the arashi shibori piece I started with.  You can see glimpses of it through the soy wax and ice dyed patterns. 




Above  and below are  silk pieces.












2 comments:

  1. Love 'em! I love using soy wax, and have done some ice dyeing... not as thrilled with the results I got with ice dyeing, but may try the combination now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeanne for participating in our class. That was an awesome class with everyone was having so much fun. We love all the pieces you did. They are absolutely gorgeous! Especially with the bamboo stencil. Can't wait for our next class in late August or early September. Janet will coordinate with the date. And thank you for thievery nice testimonials.

    ReplyDelete