Sunday, June 7, 2015

Visiting Quilt National without Leaving Home

One of these years, I really want to visit Quilt National.  Maybe when I return to the midwest to visit relatives.  Although it seems the years I do that, are the off years for that show, as it is a biennial show.  Anyway, it's great you can see so many of the quilts via the internet.  I know seeing them in person is a completely different, more fulfilling experience, but it's better than not seeing them at all.

One of my favorite quilts from the show is by Charlotte Ziebarth, entitled Liquid Sunset.



To view more of her work visit:  http://www.charlotteziebarth.com/

I often check out her website and especially her blog.  She creates wonderful artquilts and has great information besides.

Another website and blog I enjoy visiting often is Deidre Adam's. She has a fabulous textural quilt in Quilt National, plus pictures of each artist with their quilt.   Go here to visit her website:
http://abstractions.deidreadams.com/

Enjoy your trip to the show! Back to grading final projects for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment