Sunday, May 31, 2015

Stitching Away the Time

With nine and a half more days of school left, Saturday was mostly spent grading papers, unloading and loading the school kiln and lesson planning for the week.

I had a couple hours to do some more stitching on two of my unfinished quilts that will be part of my upcoming solo show at the library in July.  Any spare time I have is going towards getting those two done.  I do enjoy hand embroidery, although it is time consuming.


Today, I did a little work in the garden, planting more lettuce and some hollyhocks.  Both were planted slightly over a month ago, but didn't grow.  So I'm hoping with the warmer weather, the soil will be warmer encouraging the seeds to germinate and grow.

In the afternoon I went wine tasting with a friend in beautiful Paso Robles wine country.  Here's a picture taken at Halter Ranch Winery.






No comments:

Post a Comment