Sunday, July 13, 2014

A good day for Arashi Shibori

Our house is finally getting back to normal.  All the holes have been drywalled and all but one wall repainted.  Today I relaxed, sat around, read two Sunday newspapers cover to cover, always a delight, and found time to create two arashi shibori pieces.  I am making a quilt for my nephew and his new wife and thought some blue arashi shibori fabric would go well with the ocean themed quilt that I'm making for them.


Here is the quilt  on my design wall so far.



Here is the fabric, which has been pre-soaked and dried, 
then wrapped around a pvc pole, awaiting dye.



Here it is with the dye applied.  I made two 1/2 yard pieces, one where I applied the dye while fabric was wet, and the other one with dry fabric.  My dye was a bit old, so we'll find out tomorrow how they turned out.  Stayed tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment