Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy Mothers' Day to all my blog readers who happen to be mothers. 
My mom is the reason I love to sew and garden so much. 

Here's the whole family on one of the many fun vacations we took.  My beautiful mom is to the right of me.  I'm driving (the whole family crazy as always, no doubt).  



This is the last piece of embroidery that my mom was working on.  I still remember stitching on dresser scarves and pillow cases in the crowded car on many a family vacation. 


It is still unfinished, maybe some day I'll finish it for her.  She was in early stages of Alzheimer's and had interesting color choices,unlike the more realistic ones she would have chosen in her earlier life.



Here's a closeup of hand embroidery in one my pieces. 
 Thanks for passing on your love of handwork mom.  I miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment