Monday, February 17, 2014

New Hand-Dyed Fabrics and Shirts

Love these three day weekends.  I was very productive on Saturday, dyeing up a storm.  Then Sunday started feeling like I was coming down with a cold, so have been taking it easy, drinking lots of sinus and sore throat teas, as I grade stacks of papers for school.

Here are the results from Saturday's dyeing.


This was a very low-water immersion piece using multiple colors of dye, spread out in a large tub, with very little water, left to cure for 24 hours.



The one above and below are over-dyed itajime fabrics that I had originally created at least a year ago.  The one below had lots of circles with centers, created using CDs and metal washers, which I was calling my 'boob' fabric.  I like it much better now that the circles aren't so obvious. 


Below are some shirts I did using Arash Shibori techniques.  These will be on sale at the Trash to Treasures event at the March meeting of the Almond Country Guild.  I'm hoping to have more of a range of sizes this year than last year.






1 comment:

  1. Great dye jobs. I especially love those shirts. Feel better soon, Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete