Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ice Dyeing Fun

It was nice to have a three day weekend.  I'm renting a table at our next guild meeting and will be selling some of my hand dyed fabrics, shirts, and scarves.  Had lots to catch up on at school and home, but did find some time to do a few iced dye pieces. All of these and more will be for sale at the March 3rd meeting. I did four fat-quarter pieces parfait style, one stacked on another




These three half yard pieces were done parfait style also,  in another large plastic jug.  I really like the patterns.  Usually I find the bottom piece the most exciting, due to the colors from the upper pieces sifting down to the lower ones, but the one below was the top piece and it was my favorite.  I used Plum blossom, Chinese Red and Better Black on it.  These are the names of the Dharma dyes used.




And a shirt.

.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dye jobs! That t-shirt is really fab. I love what folks have been doing with ice dyeing -- I guess that's one perk of getting snowed on these days!

    ReplyDelete