Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween Costume and Quilt for a Friend

Halloween turned out to be a lot of fun at school with the kids.  Wearing the Warhol Soup Can created a very teachable moment for informing the students about Pop Art Style.  I showed them pictures of works by Warhol, Thiebaud, Lichtenstein, and Oldenburg.  They weren't quite sure it was art but they seemed to enjoy it.  Here I am in my costume with another teacher.


Sadly, one of my teacher friends at school, whom I've known for twenty some years,  just found out he has cancer and is facing a pretty serious battle ahead.  He's a Navy guy, avid surfer and just a very fun, nice guy. All his students just love him.  He makes history fun and interesting.  Here's the quilt up on my design wall, that some of us are going to quickly put together for him.  Hoping it provides some comfort. There's 25 blocks and it will have a border.  The Santa Cruz fabric on the right is being auditioned for the border.  The eight Australian fabric blocks look better in person.  They look kind of dull here.



1 comment: