Monday, August 5, 2013

New Pieced Quilt Top

This quilt was not an easy one for me, but I did enjoy the process a lot.  Sometimes when I am creating, there is a direct line, a clear vision of where I want to go and how to get there.  This time, I felt like I was floundering a lot.  I created a lot of  small blocks using innovative piecing techniques, like cutting and inserting, strip piecing, skinny lines, etc.  I could make a lot of those blocks.  It truly is very fun, creative play.  Here's what I came up with.   I plan on doing some stitching or drawing to bring out the details in the negative areas at the top of the weeds.  They are just a little too nebulous in their shapes right now and I want them to be more defined, not so 'blob-like.'  Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment