Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Finishing up those UFOs

It's been a wonderfully busy week.  Both of my sons have been home and it's so great to see them be able to have time together.  They are incredibly close, which just warms my heart.  They and my husband are sports crazy, so it's been football and basketball talk and TV 24/7 around here.  I did manage to get in some uninterrupted studio time when the guys went out one day and am trying to finish up a couple of UFOs (Unfinished Objects).  I faced the back of my printed and hand embroidered cotton velveteen quilt and am sewing on a sleeve. I'm hoping to put this in the Seven Sisters Quilt Show in San Luis Obispo this upcoming April.



I also found time to put a facing on the back of this Asian quilt made up of a wonderful panel piece with lots of Drunkard's Path blocks made over a decade ago.  I hope to put that one in the upcoming show as well.  I hand-quilted it around the circles and outlined the woman in the panel.  What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment