Sunday, July 18, 2021

Ice Dye Fun in the Studio Barn with Friends

 Recently I had some friends from my  Cutting Edge Group come over to do some parfait ice dyeing, which is a process where you stack one piece of fabric over another adding dye and ice to each one and squish them into a container. As the ice melts the fabric get bits of dye from the pieces above and below them. 



Above is my  table with lots of tools and materials and a sample piece.


Here is a shirt I made for hubby.


My friend Kate gave me a lovely piece of silk to dye.


Above is a piece I folded and clamped prior to dyeing.


The piece above was just gently scrunched up and dyed.






1 comment:

  1. Lovely pieces! I haven't ice dyed in awhile, but do love the color separation that happens with the dye powders... sounds like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete