Monday, November 30, 2020

Fabric Christmas Cards

 Decided to play around with my many fabric scraps and make some Christmas cards. I glued scraps of fabric together on top of wax paper using gel medium and allowed them to dry. Next I cut Christmas tree shapes from the glued fabric strips. I cut sheet music that I bought at a thrift store many years ago for collage purposes and glued the fabric tree to that. Then it was glued to pre-made blank cards that I've had for years.


It was kind of fun to work in a different way and to make cards from materials I had. Sometimes I can't believe all the 'stuff' I have. I know many crafters and quilters like that. I don't want anything for Christmas this year (except for COVID to disappear). We've asked our children to not buy us anything this Christmas and to instead give to the local food bank or another worthy charity.







No comments:

Post a Comment