Monday, June 1, 2020

More Fun with Dendritic Monoprinting


I sewed together the cut up dendritic prints made earlier. 
I then decided the piece needed to be larger, 
so painted another piece of fabric.



I painted this by thoughtfully adding acrylic paint to the dampened fabric, then accordion folded it. Next I added more paint to the tops of the folds and put it outside to dry.


This is what it looked like when it dried.


This is after ironing it. I love 
how the folds look so dimensional.



Here it is after doing dendritic mono printing on it.
I used two of my large 12 1/2 inch square acrylic quilting rulers on which to spread the paint
 to create the prints.



2 comments:

  1. I love your latest fabric! That will make for some interesting borders to your sewn piece... fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy! I love monoprinting fabric. You never know what you'll get. Long live serendipity!

    ReplyDelete