Thursday, April 30, 2020

Reopening the Studio Barn and Ice Dyeing

This week I got out to the studio barn, and did a thorough sweeping, cleaning, and scrubbing. Originally I was scheduled to teach a dyeing class
 to members of our Almond Country Quilt Guild on  May 2nd.
Of course that needed to be canceled, but hopefully it will be rescheduled
 for another time after the pandemic.


Below is a shirt for my hubby. I tried an S Curve folding method that was described
 on a tie dye YouTube video  by Krispi.
  He has some great videos. I really love how the colors and designs came out!
Top photo is the front and below that is the back of the shirt.





I've been collecting old, lovely linen fabrics.
 And I've been given some wonderful ones from friends as well.
 Some of them have beautiful embroidery, cut work, etc.
 As you can see, the linen takes really well to the dyes.



....and another beautiful one!



Hope everyone is doing well out there and keeping safe! 
Looking forward to teaching classes in the barn at some time again!



2 comments:

  1. I love your barn classroom, so roomy! I hope you can get your classes going soon... and I love the shirt you dyed for your hubby, the colors and pattern are great! Will have to look for that video. And yes, old linens do take dyes beautifully... great way to showcase them. Enjoy your spring and fingers crossed, we will all be able to start resuming our regular routines soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy! Hope you are hanging in there. Such crazy times! So many sad situations and stories. We're doing well, but am looking forward to a return to normalcy. Krispy has several good videos on youtube. Just google his name with the words Tie Dye and you'll see some. Take care and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete