Monday, December 23, 2019

Finished Quilting Marbled Fabric Quilt

I finished quilting my Marbled fabric quilt. This quilt came together so fast for me. Keep in mind I created the fabric in 2013. I could say, I've been planning it for the last six years, 
but you know that's not true. 



At first I had no idea how to quilt it. Outlining the shapes didn't really appeal to me.

Below are two closeup shots of the quilt.


I laid some clear plastic over the whole quilt and started doodling with an erasable marker until it showed me where it wanted to be quilted.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece, Jeanne! I have tried following the pattern on fabric I dyed, but it's hard. Your method of using the clear plastic and marker is something I learned from a gal who wet felts, and it does help to create a good design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy. It does help with trying out different ideas for quilting, so you don't have to do rip out later. Once I come up with a design, I use water soluble marking tools to draw on the fabric, then quilt it.

    ReplyDelete