Monday, July 22, 2019

More Shibori Dyeing

It's so great to have the studio up and running, so I can go out whenever I want and find all my stuff together in one place and be creative!  I can't thank my wonderful husband enough for making this all possible. I used to have to schlepp stuff from three different places to my sewing room, that is, after rearranging the studio room so I would have space to dye.


This piece is accordion folded and tied.


The piece above is made by wrapping the fabric around whiffle balls, believe it or not!


This is another one made by folding and using rubber bands to secure the folds.


This was a stitched resist where I used a running stitch in a spiral design.


Here's a Linen/Cotton shirt folded and dyed twice, 
once with horizontal folds, then again with vertical folds.

No comments:

Post a Comment