Friday, November 23, 2018

More Embroidery and Some Carpentry

Happy Thanksgiving! 

I'm very thankful this Thanksgiving to have such great family and friends, 
to have a home, food,  and shelter. 
We are indeed very lucky!

Found some time amidst repairing and remodeling our bathroom (photos below) to do a little embroidery on my TAST (Take a Stitch Tuesday)  project. I added the Buttonhole wheel cup stitch
 to  my buttonhole wheel flowers to give them some dimension.


I've been doing a lot of carpentry work to get our bathroom back to normal since we had our bathtub drain break in August.  Here are some  before and after pics.


Due to flooding and the mold that followed, we had to have the whole room basically gutted.


This weekend I finished the wainscoting under the window. I cut, painted and caulked the baseboards. We bought a vanity, that we really like, from American Oak Wholesalers on Ramada Drive in Paso Robles. It's real wood, not that cheap stuff they sell at the box stores that is contact paper over particle board.  My husband was amazing with hooking up the plumbing in very tight corners.


We did have the flooring and toilet installed by pros. 
That was not something we wanted to even attempt.






5 comments:

  1. Great work, especially the bathroom redo. I'm really impressed with your carpentry skills. Happy Holidays! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you hire out? We could use you! ;-) Seriously, very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Judy! It was a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. velcro name patches

    ReplyDelete