Thursday, August 3, 2017

Laying Low for Now

It's been awhile since I last blogged. I've been having a lot of lower back pain and sciatica, making it difficult to sit for very long. Actually staying in any one position, standing, laying down, etc. is difficult.  Although I've had periodical back pain through the years ever since my back surgery in 2000, it started to get more serious in about late April and into May. I kept thinking that as soon as school got out, I would feel better. Instead it just kept getting worse. It's the same kind of pain I had prior to having my fusion surgery in 2000 due to a work related incident.  I had a back x-ray a couple weeks ago and an MRI yesterday.  It's possible that I will need decompression and fusion surgery again. Needless to say, I'm not doing much quilting. I think I did about ten stitches a couple of days ago in a quilt and that's been about it. Hoping to get some treatment soon and get back to the life I enjoy, going places, seeing friends and being creative.  This is so not me! My husband has been absolutely wonderful, taking me to appointments, cooking, etc. I'm so lucky to have him.

Thank you to all my wonderful friends who have been in touch and wishing me a speedy recovery.

Meanwhile, to get some inspiration, check out Elizabeth Barton's latest blog post here: http://elizabethbarton.blogspot.com/   

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jeanne... I'm really sorry to hear you are having pain. I hope they will be able to get you back on your feet and pain-free soon! Take care of yourself, and hope to see you posting here shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your back, Jeanne. Oftentimes, after we've held on so long and expect that retirement will bring relief, we find that what's been held in for so long only then manifests. As painful as it all is, physically and emotionally, it is your body's way of releasing stress and trauma. All you can do is go with it. And forget those high expectations you have of yourself. Our bodies have their own timetable. Wishing you the best. Hugs & xx

    ReplyDelete