Sunday, April 9, 2017

Tie Dye Mania

Last week was crazy busy. Besides seeing my regular 148 students daily who were creating their ceramic ethnic masks in class, at lunch,  the Leadership  teacher brought in 21 kids each day Monday through Wednesday to make tie dye shirts  in blue and white (our school colors). They were so excited about it and made some wonderful ones that they all wore on Friday to the pep rally.

On Thursday at lunch I  had ten students from my advanced art class dye shirts at lunch, using multiple colors. I brought in some dyes from my personal stash. Can't wait to see how theirs turned out.

Here's one of mine done with arashi shibori technique.


Below is a closeup of the top part of shirt.  This is a rayon shirt from Dharma Trading Co.

Below is one of the blue and white samples
 I made to demonstrate the technique to the students. 
It's an extra large and my  husband loves it, so it's his.





1 comment:

  1. Love the shirts, especially your arashi shibori! I have not tried a rayon shirt like that, but may have to give one a try!

    ReplyDelete