Sunday, February 21, 2016

Older Quilts for a New Show at the Pioneer Museum

There is going to be a quilt show in March at the Paso Robles Pioneer Museum and they are looking for larger quilts, so I pulled out a couple of quilts made some years ago to see if they want to have them for the show.


This is a quilt I made for my mom in 2000 when she moved to an assisted living facility. This was my way of helping her take her garden, which she loved dearly, to her now home. She has since passed away and I have the quilt back.


Closeup of Mom's quilt.


This one is called, Geishas in the Garden. It has sashiko stitching
 as well a machine quilting.
Above is the whole quilt, below, a closeup 



This a  link I checked out from another blog I visit regularly, called Waiting for the Muse,  http://sandeedee.blogspot.com/   This woman's work, 
Hilary Waters Fayle,  is just incredible.  It took my breath away so am sharing it with you.

http://www.hillarywfayle.com/#/new-page/

Wishing you an inspirational day!

No comments:

Post a Comment