Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Elephant Seals, Beautiful Stenciling and Family

Sorry I did not get to post a blog this weekend.  Nor, did I get to any artwork. Oh well, I did have a great time however. My oldest brother,  sister-in-law, and nephew from Michigan were visiting us.  They had not been out here for about 9 years.We took them to two missions, three wineries and the show at the SLO museum where my art quilt is hanging as part of the "Off Kilter" exhibit by the Cutting Edge Fiber Art Group. We also took them to see the elephant seals on the beach near Hearst Castle.  They were really incredibly interesting.


Here's the whole group of us at our house.  We had a wonderful, long overdue visit. 

 Some beautiful stenciling from the San Luis Obispo Mission.

The largest Elephant Seal we saw on the coast.  They can get up to 5,000 lbs.  Watching the interactions between them, the females and the pups was really incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment