Sunday, November 8, 2015

Strip Piecing

I started cutting some contrasting fabrics, two comercial, two hand dyed,  into strips of different widths, in a very intuitive way with no rulers, and then sewed them together.  Once again, am figuring out where to go from here in a direction of my own.  There's so many random strip pieced quilts, some of which look great, and others not so great. As usual teaching is keeping me too busy this year, and it's hard to find time to work on it, or maybe I'm avoiding trying to figure it out.


1 comment:

  1. I love the fabrics you are using! Beautiful contrasts, and your hand-dyed is great! I have been wanting to something along these lines, but have lots to keep me busy right now... maybe after the dust has settled. I look forward to seeing your progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete