Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Blooming Iris

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a couple of weeks. I broke my camera a week ago and have just   been  too busy with not a lot to show here.  Yesterday I noticed this lovely iris in full bloom in my garden.  Just before one of my close friends, Jana, passed away in 1999, when we moved into our present home, she gave me a lot of irises from her garden that she was thinning out. Every year for her February birthday and her October death at least one blooms. It never ceases to amaze me.  Jana was an amazing person and artist.  Just like the iris, she was unique and beautiful when you took the time to look inside.


Been working on more fabric manipulation techniques and my ice dyed quilt.  Should have picture updates on those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment