Monday, January 19, 2015

Guild Workshop on Fabric Manipulation Techniques

Our Almond Country Quilt Guild sponsored a workshop on fabric manipulation techniques Saturday. I had a lot of fun and learned some new techniques as well.  Our teacher, Denise was excellent, friendly, enthusiastic and even made us very creative fun stuffed fabric face pins.


These are my all my samples with a couple other fabrics I'm auditioning with them.  Not sure how I will use them yet, but have lots of ideas.


This is a piece where we made tucks and folded them different way to create the design.
  Next time I think I'll use thread that matches the fabric. Adding beads to all the folded 
intersections will add a lot of interest.



The top row are Chop Keys, made from having a larger square sewn and folded to a smaller one to create the diamond in the center.  The bottom one is done in a similar way but with hexagon shaped fabrics. I still need to add a bead or small button to the center of the diamond shape.

How great that our guild offers these free workshops. It's also a great way 
to get to know other guild members.

No comments:

Post a Comment