Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New Shibori Fabrics

Over Labor Day weekend I had time to do some over-dyeing and discharging of fabrics that already had patterns previously created upon them.  I actually did more, but will need to post those later when I have a chance.


Below is the closeup.


This fabric had been previously low immersion dyed and stamped.  I accordion folded it and rolled it up, placing it in a small plastic container so it stayed in a roll.  Next I squeezed red and black dye on the crests of the folds on both ends.


Below is the closeup


This was an itajime fabric made previously and I wrapped it around PVC and did 
arashi shibori using black.


This fabric was itajime dyed, then discharged, re-tied and dyed and then arashi shibori dyed yesterday.  I think it's done.  Love the layers of pattern in all of these.




2 comments:

  1. these are great! I would like to invite you to share them this Friday on my blog link up - Off the Wall Friday!

    ReplyDelete