Sunday, March 9, 2014

Library Book Sale Finds

My monthly Cutting Edge group was in San Luis Obispo Saturday and there was also a library book sale, the largest one in the county, so I had to check it out. Love the really old books, especially children's ones with beautiful illustrations. I grew up with a complete set called My Bookhouse printed in the 20's or 30's that were absolutely beautiful with art deco period artwork and illustrations, and wonderful end papers. I'm not sure who in our family ended up with the set, but know I didn't and often think of them.  Didn't find any of those at the library sale, but did buy a couple of great things.  Wish I had been able to get there earlier, but that might have been dangerous.









Over the top of this lovely illustration is a transparent tissue paper thin leaf,  on which is typed, 
"Secretly, too, both were ashamed, having come unawares upon knowledge that was not meant for them. - pg. 82"

 Every page is  beautifully framed with red printing at tops and sides.  Lovely, lovely, and only $5.


 This is the other book I found for a mere $5.00.  It has front pages from the New York Times from dates on which great events occurred.


The Wright Brothers from September 10, 1908


This one has special meaning in light of what's happening in Russia these days. 
It's from October of 1962.



1 comment:

  1. Fortuna Library had its sale yesterday, too. I picked up a couple things which I intend to post on my blog this week. I love the book you found, really precious!

    ReplyDelete