Sunday, April 7, 2013

More Parfait Style Ice Dyeing

I admit it!  I'm addicted to ice dyeing.  It's easy, fun and you get such amazing, serendipitous results.  Here are some that I did during my spring break. The parfait dyeing is great because stacking one fabric on top of another, scrunching them up, the fabric gets some dye from the piece below and of course the dyes that are sprinkled directly on top of it, plus some that will sift down from ones that will be stacked on top.  I don't always remember where each fabric was stacked, even though I am trying to take better notes while dyeing.


The one below received some Peacock Blue, Pomegranate and Robin's Egg.  These names refer to procion dyes obtainable from Dharma Trading Company, http://www.dharmatrading.com, where I get most of my fabrics and dyes.



The fabric below was a new one for me.  It is called Radiance and one side of the fabric is silk and the other cotton.  It really took the dye well, as you can see.  Below is the silk side, which as beautiful shimmer to it. Couldn't resist checking it out.


Below is the cotton side in which the colors are more intense.


If you like these fabrics and want to get together a group of people and have an ice dyeing party at your house and you live in the Paso Robles area, contact me and we can set something up.  It takes about three hours, including set up and clean up to create a couple gallon jugs of fabrics.  I use fat quarters and sometimes half yards.  I've also done t-shirts and scarves.



No comments:

Post a Comment