Wednesday, May 23, 2018

New Arashi Shibori Fabrics

Made some new Arashi Sibori fabrics this weekend. Hadn't done any arashi shibori in way too long. It's relatively quick and you usually get some nice results. 


 The one above and two below were created to capture the look of fire.




The shibori below was done on a previously eco-dyed piece that hadn't turned out very well. 
I really like the interaction of the rusty eco stains with the turquoise.


The fabric below was a commercial print that I had over-dyed once
 and it needed some more color and texture.



2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Jeanne! I haven't done any Arashi in a long time... never got real great results with the method, but I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy. I use a pretty concentrated dye in a squeeze bottle, a 1:1 mix of dye concentrate to urea and let it sit for close to 24 hours. It's hard to wait to rinse it out, but important to get vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete