Monday, June 4, 2018

New Arashi Shibori Quilt

I used one of my latest shibori pieces in a new little quilt 
 about the raging fires last year in the central coast area of California. There's already been fires in Southern California, and in New Mexico and Colorado this last week.


The trees are cut from cheesecloth I dyed black. 
I then put a layer of tulle over it and machine quilted it.


On a lighter note, here are some pictures of hollyhocks in my garden.  
I have tried for years to grow them with no luck, 
but this year, the seeds took to the soil and they are gorgeous!



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! And your Hollyhocks are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Connie said! I did a dyed piece on twill several years ago after we had had raging fires here... seems like a timely theme, with all the wildfires that have devastated CA in recent years. And I really love your hollyhocks. A friend of mine has them growing wild in her yard. Gave me some seeds to try in my yard, but they never did sprout. Guess they have minds of their own. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Judy. I tried for many years to plant hollyhocks and finally got them to grow in a wooden container garden box. Maybe it was the gophers getting them before. Don't give up yet!

    ReplyDelete