Sunday, April 2, 2017

Floral Inspiration

I made great strides in my quilt for  our Cutting Edge's exhibit for PIQF this upcoming October. Here's a little section of it. Since I'm using a reverse appliqué method, there has been so much preparation  before anything  showed up on the top surface. There are five layers in some places and four in others.  It's layered and ready for quilting. Not sure if I'll do hand or machine quilting or a some of both.


With all the rain we have been fortunate to receive in the last months, 
my flowers have some gorgeous blooms.



The iris below is our 4 feet tall, the tallest one I've ever had in our 20 years living here.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks fabulous -- GREAT colors, great fabrics and design. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I really love the quilt... can't wait to see the whole design! And your flowers are beautiful! We've had some Daffodils so far, and my tulips are starting to open. Still a little early for Iris up here, and I'm keeping fingers crossed my Lilacs don't freeze before they get a chance to bloom.

    ReplyDelete