Thursday, July 17, 2014

Round Three: The Fabric That Wasn't Meant to Be

After  making a new silkscreen design that didn't work due to my thermofax machine not working  correctly, I've come to the conclusion that this fabric is  not to be.  I need to send my machine off to someone who knows how to fix them.  The heat is not consistent and the image is not getting burned all the way through.  So in screening, a little ink comes through here and there, like a dot to dot drawing.  Does anyone have any suggestions on who to send it to?

Yesterday I took the day off and went kayaking with friends in Morro Bay.  We had a great time and a lovely lunch spent catching up with each other.



After lunch I stopped at the Cotton Ball in Morro Bay and found a fabric pretty similar to the one I was trying to create. So, on with the quilt.  Will revisit my blue fabric at a later time and do something with it.

On the way home, I stopped to take pics of these very cool rusty trucks.  Rusty trucks seem to be featured in a lot of artwork these days.  There's just something about them.  Some rust designs have such beautiful metal patinas caused by the oxidation of the metal. It will be fun  to play around with these in photoshop and see what I can get.







No comments:

Post a Comment