Sunday, July 27, 2014

Garden Update and Over-dyeing

This is my 101st post.  Can't believe it!  Seems like yesterday when I started this. Thank you to all my lovely readers.

Did some over-dyeing of T-shirts and fabric today, that needed an extra punch.  Will have pictures of them tomorrow after they batch for 24 hours.

Meanwhile, I've been very busy keeping up with all the vegetables in the garden.


Above are the beets, which taste great, especially with the lemon boy tomatoes and a little goat cheese.


 Here are the squash and cucumbers.  Today, I made Gerkensalat, a German cucumber salad my mom used to make with onion, vinegar, and a little sugar.  So refreshing!


The cute little pepper plant.


A variety of lettuce, rainbow chard, basil and mint for those mojitos



One of the Lemon Boy tomato plants with lots of tomatoes



Sunflower getting ready to bloom.  I really like how the light shines through the leaves and their wonderful edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment