Monday, July 28, 2014

Over-dyeing T-Shirts and Fabric

Here are  pictures of the two T-Shirts and one fabric that I over-dyed yesterday.

Here's the shirt after it's first shibori dyeing last February.  It definitely needed something more.


So I accordion folded it lengthwise (after soaking it in soda ash for 15 minutes), securing it with rubber bands and string wound tightly.  I then placed it in a plastic box and squirted black  dye on it. After it batched for 24 hours, rinsed it out and voila!  I think it looks a lot better. It's  a nice weight, not too thin, Hanes Extra Large shirt.  It's for sale for $20.  Let me know if you are interested.


Below is the before picture of this Lands End 2X shirt.


 Here's the shirt again with a closeup below, after doing arashi shibori using Cerulean Blue dye.  This one is more subtle, with some very nice nuances of colors.  It's also $20 and for sale.









The last piece I did yesterday was to over-dye an ice-dyed piece.


I accordion folded this piece, fitting it snugly into a box and used black mixed with some fuchsia squirted sparingly on it.  I think it's more exciting now, due to the  contrast, but I also liked the mood of it when it was quieter. 






No comments:

Post a Comment